I printed my altered photograph of Brighton Pavilion and sewed it onto a piece of felt and then using free machine work I stitched over some of the lines in the photo.
Then I turned it over - and the other side was revealed
I really liked that side – and I don’t generally like lime green!
I wondered what it would look like with a bit of glitz so I repeated my experiment with red fabric and silver thread.
I decided that gold thread would’ve been better and some fabric with some variation would also be better. I also decided to replace the felt with Pelmet Vilene as this is stiffer and means I can (hopefully) make the box without needing to use cardboard. Here is this experiment in progress.
News and progress from the group
If you want to contribute to this blog, please email Jane and she will invite you to become a blog contributor.