Key points to note for entering a piece for exhibition.
· Create a piece inspired by a garment, which can be an item of clothing, shoes or handbags. The piece can be a wall piece or 3D.
· Wall pieces must be designed to be hung on the wooden coat hangers (top or trousers), provided by TVCT. Maximum overall width is 3 hangers. 3D pieces will be placed on plinths. Please discuss with us your ideas for displaying 3D. Pieces must be finished to exhibition standard.
· Please provide a photo of your ‘inspirational garment’ on or before the meeting on 21st November 2015.
· Entry is restricted to members who attend meetings.
· A completed Submission Form and entry fee of £10 need to be brought to the meeting on 21st November 2015. Cheques payable to TVCT.
· The final deadline for finished work is the meeting on 23rd January 2016 (no postal submissions).
· A label showing the maker’s name and address and the work’s title needs to be attached to the back of the piece. The hanger/s need to be included with the work.
· The work will be transported several times, (possibly in the rain) - from the TVCT meeting, for selection, to exhibiting venues and back. Please provide suitable named, and reusable packaging materials.
· We cannot guarantee to hang work that is difficult or impractical to display. The venues may also limit us on the number of pieces we can display. If your work is not hung we will return your entry fee.
· Your work will need to be collected from the TVCT meeting on 21st May 2016. If you are unable to collect your work on this date in person, you must make prior arrangements for the return of your work.
· You will need make your own insurance arrangement.
Further information is available here.
Entry forms are available by contacting us.